Page Two













“Don’t pretend—Don’t for a minute pretend that’s what I meant!”  I shouted.  “This is a nice place.”  It wasn’t like the office.

Passing trucks curled the collections of a summer downpour over the curb with a lulling regularity.  Judy tilted her face toward the sound and weighed her hair in gentle pats that sent the smell of reefer cigarettes toward me.  She turned back and smiled.  If only that smile had belonged to a grocery cashier, or a salesgirl, or teacher.  Or someone's wife.  I wished I could start again, and keep from always lying to her.

"Judy, let's join them upstairs."

Her shoulders resiled. She gave me a challenging stare. Then, in a flash, I saw my sister as the men must see her.















[CONTINUE]



You are viewing page two of "Edith/Judith," a fashion photostory whose accompanying text draws inspiration from pulp magazine stories.

CREDITS  Models: Tonya Smith, Carmine Leighton; Hair: Corrie Horacek; Clothing by Sartorial Splendor; Photographs, text: Tom Seiler. 

No Response to "Page Two"

Post a Comment